‘Disgraced’ mayor Anas Effendi given second chance

Info, vragen en opmerkingen over reizen en wonen in DKI Jakarta
Plaats reactie
Eddy M

‘Disgraced’ mayor Anas Effendi given second chance

Bericht door Eddy M » wo mar 12, 2014 1:48 am

Anas Effendi made headlines in local media in March last year when he was caught dozing off while Jokowi delivered a speech during a plenary session. Anas was later transferred from his post as South Jakarta mayor to a new role as the Library and Archives Agency head last year, a position much less strategic than his previous one.

Since the transfer, Anas has rarely been available for comment. An employee of the Library and Archives Agency previously said that Anas did not often show up at the office.

On Tuesday, however, Anas assumed his new post as West Jakarta mayor, replacing Fatahillah, who was appointed as West Jakarta mayor last year.

“I want to give [Anas] a second chance. He has to be better than before and he promised me that he will be,” Jokowi told reporters after the inauguration.

“Everyone, not only agency heads, deserves a second chance. Don’t ever think that after dismissing [someone] from a certain post, I will not give them another chance. There’s always room to grow, to improve,” he added.

Read more:
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014 ... hance.html

Plaats reactie